I’ve been an online shopping fanatic for a while (in addition to just being a shopaholic in general) – I really need to stop! I’ve been good lately at resisting the temptations.. until this month.
This post isn’t to blame the online shopping world because I am totally a supporter of it – it’s to share with you guys some tips to a successful online shopping experience and all the places I find the best DEALS & value :) Keep in mind that I use online shopping to purchase online clothing, accessories and beauty products – no electronics or big purchases like that.
Sure, with online shopping, there are some negatives such as:
- not being able to try the product
- not seeing product first hand
- exchange/return hassel when you can’t take it back to a physical store
BUT, there are the positives:
- most of the time, there are discount coupons & promotions
- there’s nothing more exciting than opening that package
- most places allow for exchanges/returns in stores
- shipping is fast these days and i mean FAST
- accessibility & browsing EVERYTHING the store is to offer (sometimes, in physical stores, they run out of stock)
- less time wasted walking around the store, you can see everything with just a click of a mouse
As you can tell from the positive/negative lists above, for me – the positives outweigh the negatives. The best thing about online shopping is that there’s no pushy salesperson pressuring you and it’s so convenience – you can shop pretty much anytime you have wifi.
So, here’s some of my favorites online shops:
There are probably a lot of people out there hesitant to try shopping online because of a numerous reasons, so here’s some tips to somewhat help you get the best online shopping experience:
- Only use legitimate & trustworthy website
- For sizes, since you can’t try it on, I usually like to purchase when I can see the product on a model. I also go for brands I’m familiar with so I know how they usually fit on my body
- Lots of research on reviews on the product, especially if it’s makeup & skincare
- Search for discount codes & coupons
- Always keep a tab on everything you order with its confirmation number